Welcome back to Vox Republica, the Cardboard Republic Podcast!
We post new episodes every other Thursday, with each episode being about 45 minutes long.
Vox Republica is proudly supported by our Patreon. Consider contributing today!
DESCRIPTION: They say time flies when you’re having fun, right? Well we must’ve been having a ton of fun, because 5 years have passed in a flash. That’s right – The Cardboard Republic is now 5 years old! And this week, Erin and Ryan reflect on that fact, sharing some thoughts about the era when the started and what they hope for gaming in the future.
RECENTLY PLAYED GAMES – (0:54):
- Harvest Dice by Grey Fox Games (BGG Link)
- Professor Evil and the Citadel of Time by Passport Game Studios / Funforge (BGG Link)
- Pulsar 2849 By Czech Games Edition (BGG Link)
- Through The Desert by Z-Man Games / Asmodee (BGG Link)
FEATURED TOPIC – (25:42):
- The CR turned 5 years old last month. In a lengthy retrospective, Erin and Ryan reflect on what the industry was like when we first launched and the numerous ways it has changed: the good, the bad, and everything in between. We then crack open the mailbag and answer some of your questions!
PLUGS – (1:14:37):
- We’re raffling off a copy of the aforementioned Harvest Dice to a lucky Patreon backer. Consider donating today!
- As always, Cardboard Republic YouTube videos, Instagram pictures, and the BGG Guild are still ongoing. Subscribe to one or two – or all of them if you really love us. You do really love us, right?
Audio Credits: Intro music track is “Swing!” by Bargo!, used under Creative Commons license.