Welcome back to Vox Republica, the Cardboard Republic Podcast!
We post new episodes every other Thursday, with each episode being about 45 minutes long.
Vox Republica is proudly supported by our Patreon. Consider contributing today!
DESCRIPTION: This week, Erin and Ryan recap some of their lighter games played and address some positive feedback for the hobby before being joined by Gordon Hamilton, the designer of Santorini.
GUESTS: Gordon Hamilton
RECENTLY PLAYED GAMES – (01:40):
- Ra by Windrider Games
- Monsters in the Elevator by Yaya Play Games
- Talisman by Fantasy Flight Games
- Cable Car by Queen Games
- Tokaido by Funforge / Passport Game Studios
QUICK TOPICS – (20:12):
- We address the recent troubles surrounding Crash Games founder Patrick Nickell, including the reasoning behind recent Kickstarter efforts to keep the company solvent and the hobby community’s reaction to his heartfelt personal explanation for said troubles.
FEATURED TOPIC – (27:05):
- What is Santorini, and how did it come to be? We sit down with the game’s designer Gordon ‘Gord’ Hamilton, to ask all about Santorini’s past, present, and future ambitions. We cover certain areas, including:
- How long it actually took to get published
- What the game’s origins were
- What surprised him about the game’s Kickstarter campaign
- How his day job as a mathematician affect his design ideas
- The other themes (or lack thereof) that the game almost became instead of Santorini
PLUGS – (1:00:55):
- Did we mention we previewed Monsters in the Elevator? We did!
- We’re also also raffling off a copy of Evolution: Climate to a lucky Patreon backer. Consider donating today!
- As always, Cardboard Republic YouTube videos, Instagram pictures, and the BGG Guild are still ongoing. Subscribe to either – or both if you really love us. You do really love us, right?
Audio Credits: Intro music track is “Swing!” by Bargo!, used under Creative Commons license.