Welcome back to Vox Republica, the Cardboard Republic Podcast!
We post new episodes every Thursday, with each episode being about 25 – 35 minutes long.
DESCRIPTION: These days, you can’t turn a corner before hearing about some great new game title, but most of us can’t simply buy every single one that catches our interest. Luckily there are alternatives. Erin and Ryan talk about how to find games when you’re on a tight budget.
RECENTLY PLAYED GAMES:
- Vault Wars by Floodgate Games
- Star Trek: Five Year Mission by Mayfair Games
- New York 1901 by Blue Orange Games
- Game conventions and gaming news used to go hand-in-hand. Not anymore. We reflect on why this has happened and why it may actually be a good thing overall.
- Compared to most hobbies, board gaming is fairly cheap, but it can still add up. We explore ways you can play and attain games without breaking the bank, including:
- Sales, auctions, thrift stores, and to a lesser extent, conventions
- Game trades, swaps, and shared libraries
- Game Crafter, Print on Demand, and Print-and-Play sites
- Giveaways and contests
- And more!
- Our 100th episode celebration is still ongoing! for a chance at a copy of Sushi Go!, Harbour, or Travel Catan, all you have to do is visit one of the gameplay threads on Facebook, BGG, or Google+ or find us on Twitter. Then leave a comment for us telling us either:
- Something you like about the podcast and / or
- Something you’d like to see us do (or do more of) on it going forward.
- As always, Cardboard Republic YouTube videos and the BGG Guild are still ongoing. Subscribe to either, or both if you really love us. You do really love us, right?
Audio Credits: Intro music track is “Swing!” by Bargo!, used under Creative Commons license.