Welcome back to Vox Republica, the Cardboard Republic Podcast!
We post new episodes every Thursday, with each episode being about 20 – 30 minutes long.
DESCRIPTION: Erin and Ryan talk about suggesting games for other people. What factors are important when you’re recommending a game to someone for the first time? And…what happens if they don’t like it?
RECENTLY PLAYED GAMES:
- The new Magic: the Gathering board game
- The launch of our new YouTube channel
- When you play enough games, people starting asking you for recommendations. How can you make ones that they will enjoy?
- How to make good game suggestions?
- Our quiz can help!
- What factors to consider when making your recommendation?
- Weight / Type
- We now have a Cardboard Republic YouTube channel! Feel free to subscribe!
- For those heading to Gen Con, we’re spearheading the Indie Cavalcade, a thorough list of where you can find games to try by people who don’t have their own booths.
- Also at Gen Con, Ryan will be part of the Battle of the Board Game Networks event. If you’re around Friday night, come watch him and other gaming media folks make fools of themselves for your benefit – and maybe win some games!
Audio Credits: Intro music track is “Swing!” by Bargo!, used under Creative Commons license.