Games are a great way to bring people together, and conventions are a great way to play games. So, what do game conventions help offer audiences, and how do the smaller ones differ than large ones?
Welcome back to Vox Republica, the Cardboard Republic Podcast!
We post new episodes every Thursday, with each episode being about 20 – 30 minutes long.
DESCRIPTION: Erin and Ryan discuss the value of little, local conventions. We also go over what we’ve been playing on all these snowy days, the Catan movie announcement, and TotalCon.
RECENTLY PLAYED GAMES:
- Splendor by Space Cowboys
- Ascension by StoneBlade Entertainment
- Hyperborea by Asmodee
- Imperial Harvest by Broomstick Monkey Games
- The Great Heartland Hauling Co by Dice Hate Me Games
- Mysterium by Portal Games
- The value of small gaming cons
- What do small conventions offer compared to larger ones?
- Are small cons dying out?
- If so, what are the reasons for that?
- If not, what makes them special?
Audio Credits: Intro music track is “Swing!” by Bargo!, used under Creative Commons license.