Is it good to be bad? Are negative reviews worthwhile for the hobby, and if so, who benefits? That’s the question on the table this week.
Welcome back to Vox Republica, the Cardboard Republic Podcast!
We post new episodes every Thursday, with each episode being about 20 – 30 minutes long.
DESCRIPTION: Erin and Ryan talk about the value – or lack thereof – of negative reviews. There aren’t a lot of them out there. We chat about why that is and whether that’s a good thing or not. They also discuss the immortal popularity of Fury of Dracula and the success of UnPub.
RECENTLY PLAYED GAMES:
- Why is Fury of Dracula so sought after?
- The usefulness of UnPub
- The value of negative reviews
- Recent observation is that people don’t like negative reviews and don’t generally want them. Is this true?
- Is there worth in a hate read?
- What other form of design / criticism / creation shies from negative reviews?
Audio Credits: Intro music track is “Swing!” by Bargo!, used under Creative Commons license.