How long is long is long for you to commit to a game? Two hours? Six? Day-long Risk battles? How about playing in a D&D setting that’s been around for a decade, or playing a CCG for even longer…
Welcome back to Vox Republica, the Cardboard Republic Podcast!
We post new episodes every Thursday, with each episode being about 20 – 30 minutes long.
DESCRIPTION: Erin and Ryan discuss the wonders (and pitfalls) of long-term gaming. Ryan’s been playing Magic with roughly the same group for over 12 years. How does he stay focused? How does the group keep interest? They also discuss the differences between long-term CCGs and long-term RPGs. Also on the docket are a couple of recently-played games!
RECENTLY PLAYED GAMES:
- Fallen by Watchtower Games
- The Great Heartland Hauling Co by Dice Hate Me Games
- Magic: the Gathering – Fate Reforged
- There’s Now A Transgender Magic Character
- Ryan’s Dwindling Love Affair With Star Realms
- How to stay focused on a game over the years
- How does Ryan still enjoy Magic after 20 years?
- How to keep a group invested
- How are long-term RPGs different than long term CCGs?
Audio Credits: Intro music track is “Swing!” by Bargo!, used under Creative Commons license.