Welcome back to Vox Republica, the Cardboard Republic Podcast!
We post new episodes every other Thursday, with each episode being about 45 minutes long.
Vox Republica is proudly supported by our Patreon. Consider contributing today!
DESCRIPTION: A new year means different things to different people. For us, it means it’s time for Erin and Ryan to sit down and make some predictions for what lies in store in 2017 regarding games and the games industry!
RECENTLY PLAYED GAMES – (01:49):
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle by USAopoly
- Taluva by Ferti
- Arkham Horror LCG by Fantasy Flight Games
- The Goonies: Adventure Card Game by Albino Dragon
FEATURED TOPIC – (19:21):
- It’s 2017, which means it’s time for all sorts of annual predictions about games and the gaming industry. Are they wild guesses or educated methodical extrapolations of notable trends in the industry? We’ll see! But both Erin and Ryan dive into what some of those may be.
- We also recap our 2016 predictions (see Vox episode 108 for the full rundown) to see how close we came during what can only be described as an unpredictable year.
PLUGS – (55:25):
- We reviewed Karuba!
- We’re also also raffling off a copy of Evolution: Climate to a lucky Patreon backer. Consider donating today!
- As always, Cardboard Republic YouTube videos, Instagram pictures, and the BGG Guild are still ongoing. Subscribe to either – or both if you really love us. You do really love us, right?
Audio Credits: Intro music track is “Swing!” by Bargo!, used under Creative Commons license.