Welcome back to Vox Republica, the Cardboard Republic Podcast!
We post new episodes every other Thursday, with each episode being about 30 – 40 minutes long.
DESCRIPTION: It’s a brand new year! This week, Erin and Ryan look back at some of their gaming predictions of 2015 to see how close they came (or not) to guessing gaming trends of the year, and then make some new predictions for 2016.
RECENTLY PLAYED GAMES:
- None. No, really. Not a single one. We are super sad. Silly holidays and togetherness and whatnot.
- We give a brief recap of the recent Asmodee announcement regarding their consolidation of their business side of the US side of Asmodee, Fantasy Flight Games, and Days of Wonder into Asmodee North America. We briefly explain what their changes to logistics and distribution means for consumers, if any.
- It appears the years-long feud over the rights to Brass between designer Martin Wallace and Eagle-Gryphon Games has come to a conclusion.
- It’s 2016, which means it’s time for all sorts of 2016 predictions. Are they wild guesses or educated methodical extrapolations of notable trends in the industry. We’ll see! But we dive into what some of those may be.
- We also recap our 2015 predictions (see Vox episode 67 for the full rundown) to see how close we came to seeing how the year panned out.
- If you were curious on the Brass/Lunarchitects parallels article, you can find it here.
- The CR has hit three years! Keep an eye on all manner of changes to the site over the first few months of 2016!
- As always, Cardboard Republic YouTube videos and the BGG Guild are still ongoing. Subscribe to either – or both if you really love us. You do really love us, right?
Audio Credits: Intro music track is “Swing!” by Bargo!, used under Creative Commons license.