While we try to keep the door open to most board, card, and pen-and-paper games, we do have our limits. As of September, 2013, this is our list of games we will likely pass on:
- Non-analog games (yes, we actually have to state this apparently)
- Traditional-style war games
- Minis game systems, such as Heroclix. Board games will lots of minis, however, are fair game.
- Most (though not all) licensed games, such as Spaceballs: the Board Game.
- Games with a distinctly explicit nature to them, such as drinking games or games about sex or drug use.
- On the opposite end, games designed solely for children, as we currently don’t have a huge pool of kids to test them on.
- We do not do previews of any CCG/LCG/ECG, though reviews for existing ones are possible.
- Any tabletop RPGs that center on d12 (or similarly strange) dice systems without a really good reason.
- Most dexterity games, though exceptions are made.
This list is not ironclad, but it does give a good litmus test as to the things we tend to shy away from. Comparatively to the whole of gaming, it’s a fairly small list!
← The Cardboard Republic FAQ