What Gamer Type are You?
1. It's 1869 and you're arriving in a bustling frontier town from back east. What sort of job do you seek out?
Whichever one pays me the most.
I didn't come for a job. My intent is to find a nice piece of land and build a new home for myself.
Banking is ideal for me in this new location.
Taverns are always fun, regardless of the era.
As a jack of all trades, I'll go for whatever occupation the town is in the most need for.
A job on the railroad to keep from being in any one place too long.
2. If you could pick one of these game shows to be on, which would it be?
Wheel of Fortune
The Price is Right
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire
Deal or No Deal
3. Of those listed, what was your favorite childhood game?
Red Light, Green Light
Hide and Seek
Duck, Duck Goose
4. What is your opinion on the amount of chance in a game?
A necessary evil, but I prefer to avoid having all of my effort come down to a simple dice roll.
I thrive on it. Luck is the great equalizer.
Lots of luck means I can focus more on the players than the rules.
I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't determine everything I can do.
A little luck helps to enhance the overall experience.
Minimally. Skill should trump luck whenever possible.
5. Well, you didn't play that very well. You've made a rather significant miscalculation, and now you don't stand a chance of victory. How do you cope?
Curse yourself, and spend the rest of the game annoying the remaining players.
Mental note - 'that did not work'. You won't do that again, but now is a good time to try out some other strategy.
You might not be able to win, but you'll last until the end. Shore up your defenses and sit out the siege.
You wish you could remember what you did so that you won't make the same mistake twice, but alas. Moving on..
Try to rebuild your wealth. You may not finish with the gold, but you still won't give up the chance at silver.
Laugh it off.
6. Which of the following game types seems the most appealing to you?
One with a rich story background
One with a variety of tactics
One with multiple paths to victory
One with a good degree of chance
One with high player interactions
One with clear goals
7. It's a boring day at work. What are you doing to keep yourself from falling asleep?
Planning ahead. There might be something you can do now to save you some time when you're busy again.
Clicking your pen. Repeatedly.
Catching up on a bunch of little tasks that slipped through the cracks.
Chatting with your friends.
Re-organizing office supplies.
8. What is your LEAST important factor when choosing a game to play?
Theme / Flavor
Rules / Mechanics
9. The zombie apocalypse is upon us! What's your preferred method of survival?
Stock up on the essentials and try to cope with the situation.
You've been waiting for this day. Time to head out and start wracking up the kill count.
You've watched movies on this. Grab your cricket bat and head for the nearest pub.
Defend your base and command targeted missions out into the affected area.
Gather your friends together and hope you all make it. Somehow.
10. You and your colleagues / classmates have been assigned a paper that's due in a week. How do you approach the task?
Dig into the pile of references you already have picked out.
Once you're comfortable with your resources, you find yourself a nice quiet corner and hammer it all out.
Grab a blank page and just start writing.
You give yourself a day for research, a day for organizing, and a day to write it.
Find a collaborator to talk about your plans.
Collect yourself and your materials, analyze the information you have, and start mapping a mental outline.
11. You are sent to jail in Monopoly. How do you react?
"Jail? The whole game is annoying me."
"I'll pay the $50 and move on."
"I can spare one of my Get out Jail Free Cards."
"Whatever. I'll just roll."
"Hey guys, come meet me at Just Visiting!"
"It was doubles that got me here; it'll be doubles that get me out."
12. Your dungeon-crawling adventuring party has come upon a treasure chest. What do you hope to find inside?
High quality gear
Tomes containing lost history of the region
A disgruntled gnome
A detailed map for the rest of the dungeon
A quest-related item
13. You're planning for a big evening party at your house. Where is your focus for it during the hours beforehand?
Sending out last minute invitations and directions.
Making a great playlist.
Prep..ar..a..tion? None needed. These things just work themselves out.
Cleaning up the place and hiding the breakables.
Shopping to make sure you'll have enough food and drink for the guests.
Whatever extra steps are necessary to make sure it's memorable.
14. Another player backstabs you at the beginning of a game. How do you react?
Fortify your defenses, and build your strength until someone else weakens the other player. Then, strike with minimal losses.
It was well-played. You mostly ignore the strike and move on.
Plan cold, hard revenge.
Tease them mercilessly for the rest of the night.
You don't know without more detail, as it would depend on many factors.
15. Your friend brings over a brand new game for this week's game night and the box really impresses you. What do you like most about it?
It appears to be a fairly short, fast-paced game.
The cleverly written description on the back.
For 5-20 players! We can all play at once!
All the different races, classes, and buildings laid out on the front.
It has a nice clear objective posted.
Nothing. The box doesn't matter as long as the game is good.