What Gamer Type are You?
1. Well, you didn't play that very well. You've made a rather significant miscalculation, and now you don't stand a chance of victory. How do you cope?
Try to rebuild your wealth. You may not finish with the gold, but you still won't give up the chance at silver.
Curse yourself, and spend the rest of the game annoying the remaining players.
You might not be able to win, but you'll last until the end. Shore up your defenses and sit out the siege.
You wish you could remember what you did so that you won't make the same mistake twice, but alas. Moving on..
Laugh it off.
Mental note - 'that did not work'. You won't do that again, but now is a good time to try out some other strategy.
2. If you could pick one of these game shows to be on, which would it be?
Deal or No Deal
Wheel of Fortune
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire
The Price is Right
3. You and your colleagues / classmates have been assigned a paper that's due in a week. How do you approach the task?
Collect yourself and your materials, analyze the information you have, and start mapping a mental outline.
You give yourself a day for research, a day for organizing, and a day to write it.
Find a collaborator to talk about your plans.
Grab a blank page and just start writing.
Dig into the pile of references you already have picked out.
Once you're comfortable with your resources, you find yourself a nice quiet corner and hammer it all out.
4. You're nearing the end of a lengthy game, and you will win on your final move. However, in order to win you'll have to betray a long-term ally. What are you thinking?
Nah. It's only a game.
It really depends on the circumstances.
I'd prefer not to, but I've invested too much to stop now.
I'll do it only if I absolutely have to, and only if I'm safe from retribution.
In a heartbeat. It was an alliance of convenience anyway.
I didn't originally think I had a shot, but since I'm here...
5. Your friend brings over a brand new game for this week's game night and the box really impresses you. What do you like most about it?
All the different races, classes, and buildings laid out on the front.
Nothing. The box doesn't matter as long as the game is good.
The cleverly written description on the back.
It appears to be a fairly short, fast-paced game.
It has a nice clear objective posted.
For 5-20 players! We can all play at once!
6. Another player backstabs you at the beginning of a game. How do you react?
Tease them mercilessly for the rest of the night.
It was well-played. You mostly ignore the strike and move on.
Plan cold, hard revenge.
Fortify your defenses, and build your strength until someone else weakens the other player. Then, strike with minimal losses.
You don't know without more detail, as it would depend on many factors.
7. It's a boring day at work. What are you doing to keep yourself from falling asleep?
Re-organizing office supplies.
Planning ahead. There might be something you can do now to save you some time when you're busy again.
Chatting with your friends.
Catching up on a bunch of little tasks that slipped through the cracks.
Clicking your pen. Repeatedly.
8. You're planning for a big evening party at your house. Where is your focus for it during the hours beforehand?
Whatever extra steps are necessary to make sure it's memorable.
Sending out last minute invitations and directions.
Making a great playlist.
Shopping to make sure you'll have enough food and drink for the guests.
Cleaning up the place and hiding the breakables.
Prep..ar..a..tion? None needed. These things just work themselves out.
9. The zombie apocalypse is upon us! What's your preferred method of survival?
You've been waiting for this day. Time to head out and start wracking up the kill count.
Gather your friends together and hope you all make it. Somehow.
Defend your base and command targeted missions out into the affected area.
Stock up on the essentials and try to cope with the situation.
You've watched movies on this. Grab your cricket bat and head for the nearest pub.
10. What is your LEAST important factor when choosing a game to play?
Theme / Flavor
Rules / Mechanics
11. You're teaching your young niece a new game. Which lesson do you hope to impart the most?
12. Your dungeon-crawling adventuring party has come upon a treasure chest. What do you hope to find inside?
A disgruntled gnome
High quality gear
A quest-related item
A detailed map for the rest of the dungeon
Tomes containing lost history of the region
13. Your game was supposed to last two hours. It's currently going on hour number four with no sign of stopping. What do you do?
What? Oh. Um...you stopped paying full attention about 3.5 hours ago.
You're not sure how you've lasted this long, but you keep going. Now's the time to get really creative.
Continue to acquire resources and build your troops. With enough forces, you could launch a final attack to end it all.
You burnt through all your strategies awhile ago. Now it's time for an all-out assault with the few pieces you have left.
If the game is developing in a fun way, you want to see where it ends up next.
You don't complain. Supposedly, your elaborate turns and complex moves are the reason you're running so late to begin with.
14. You are sent to jail in Monopoly. How do you react?
"I can spare one of my Get out Jail Free Cards."
"Jail? The whole game is annoying me."
"Whatever. I'll just roll."
"Hey guys, come meet me at Just Visiting!"
"It was doubles that got me here; it'll be doubles that get me out."
"I'll pay the $50 and move on."
15. It's 1869 and you're arriving in a bustling frontier town from back east. What sort of job do you seek out?
I didn't come for a job. My intent is to find a nice piece of land and build a new home for myself.
Whichever one pays me the most.
As a jack of all trades, I'll go for whatever occupation the town is in the most need for.
A job on the railroad to keep from being in any one place too long.
Taverns are always fun, regardless of the era.
Banking is ideal for me in this new location.