What Gamer Type are You?
1. Another player backstabs you at the beginning of a game. How do you react?
It was well-played. You mostly ignore the strike and move on.
You don't know without more detail, as it would depend on many factors.
Fortify your defenses, and build your strength until someone else weakens the other player. Then, strike with minimal losses.
Tease them mercilessly for the rest of the night.
Plan cold, hard revenge.
2. You're teaching your young niece a new game. Which lesson do you hope to impart the most?
3. The zombie apocalypse is upon us! What's your preferred method of survival?
You've been waiting for this day. Time to head out and start wracking up the kill count.
Defend your base and command targeted missions out into the affected area.
Stock up on the essentials and try to cope with the situation.
Gather your friends together and hope you all make it. Somehow.
You've watched movies on this. Grab your cricket bat and head for the nearest pub.
4. Your game was supposed to last two hours. It's currently going on hour number four with no sign of stopping. What do you do?
You're not sure how you've lasted this long, but you keep going. Now's the time to get really creative.
If the game is developing in a fun way, you want to see where it ends up next.
You burnt through all your strategies awhile ago. Now it's time for an all-out assault with the few pieces you have left.
What? Oh. Um...you stopped paying full attention about 3.5 hours ago.
Continue to acquire resources and build your troops. With enough forces, you could launch a final attack to end it all.
You don't complain. Supposedly, your elaborate turns and complex moves are the reason you're running so late to begin with.
5. You're planning for a big evening party at your house. Where is your focus for it during the hours beforehand?
Whatever extra steps are necessary to make sure it's memorable.
Making a great playlist.
Shopping to make sure you'll have enough food and drink for the guests.
Prep..ar..a..tion? None needed. These things just work themselves out.
Cleaning up the place and hiding the breakables.
Sending out last minute invitations and directions.
6. Your dungeon-crawling adventuring party has come upon a treasure chest. What do you hope to find inside?
A disgruntled gnome
High quality gear
A detailed map for the rest of the dungeon
Tomes containing lost history of the region
A quest-related item
7. What is your LEAST important factor when choosing a game to play?
Theme / Flavor
Rules / Mechanics
8. It's 1869 and you're arriving in a bustling frontier town from back east. What sort of job do you seek out?
A job on the railroad to keep from being in any one place too long.
As a jack of all trades, I'll go for whatever occupation the town is in the most need for.
Whichever one pays me the most.
Banking is ideal for me in this new location.
I didn't come for a job. My intent is to find a nice piece of land and build a new home for myself.
Taverns are always fun, regardless of the era.
9. You are sent to jail in Monopoly. How do you react?
"It was doubles that got me here; it'll be doubles that get me out."
"Whatever. I'll just roll."
"Hey guys, come meet me at Just Visiting!"
"I'll pay the $50 and move on."
"Jail? The whole game is annoying me."
"I can spare one of my Get out Jail Free Cards."
10. You're nearing the end of a lengthy game, and you will win on your final move. However, in order to win you'll have to betray a long-term ally. What are you thinking?
It really depends on the circumstances.
I'll do it only if I absolutely have to, and only if I'm safe from retribution.
I didn't originally think I had a shot, but since I'm here...
I'd prefer not to, but I've invested too much to stop now.
Nah. It's only a game.
In a heartbeat. It was an alliance of convenience anyway.
11. It's a boring day at work. What are you doing to keep yourself from falling asleep?
Catching up on a bunch of little tasks that slipped through the cracks.
Re-organizing office supplies.
Chatting with your friends.
Planning ahead. There might be something you can do now to save you some time when you're busy again.
Clicking your pen. Repeatedly.
12. Your friend brings over a brand new game for this week's game night and the box really impresses you. What do you like most about it?
All the different races, classes, and buildings laid out on the front.
It appears to be a fairly short, fast-paced game.
For 5-20 players! We can all play at once!
It has a nice clear objective posted.
Nothing. The box doesn't matter as long as the game is good.
The cleverly written description on the back.
13. You and your colleagues / classmates have been assigned a paper that's due in a week. How do you approach the task?
Dig into the pile of references you already have picked out.
Once you're comfortable with your resources, you find yourself a nice quiet corner and hammer it all out.
Find a collaborator to talk about your plans.
You give yourself a day for research, a day for organizing, and a day to write it.
Grab a blank page and just start writing.
Collect yourself and your materials, analyze the information you have, and start mapping a mental outline.
14. If you could pick one of these game shows to be on, which would it be?
The Price is Right
Deal or No Deal
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire
Wheel of Fortune
15. What is your opinion on the amount of chance in a game?
Lots of luck means I can focus more on the players than the rules.
Minimally. Skill should trump luck whenever possible.
A little luck helps to enhance the overall experience.
I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't determine everything I can do.
I thrive on it. Luck is the great equalizer.
A necessary evil, but I prefer to avoid having all of my effort come down to a simple dice roll.