What Gamer Type are You?
1. You are sent to jail in Monopoly. How do you react?
"It was doubles that got me here; it'll be doubles that get me out."
"I can spare one of my Get out Jail Free Cards."
"Whatever. I'll just roll."
"I'll pay the $50 and move on."
"Hey guys, come meet me at Just Visiting!"
"Jail? The whole game is annoying me."
2. Another player backstabs you at the beginning of a game. How do you react?
Fortify your defenses, and build your strength until someone else weakens the other player. Then, strike with minimal losses.
It was well-played. You mostly ignore the strike and move on.
Tease them mercilessly for the rest of the night.
You don't know without more detail, as it would depend on many factors.
Plan cold, hard revenge.
3. Which of the following game types seems the most appealing to you?
One with clear goals
One with multiple paths to victory
One with a variety of tactics
One with a rich story background
One with a good degree of chance
One with high player interactions
4. You're planning for a big evening party at your house. Where is your focus for it during the hours beforehand?
Whatever extra steps are necessary to make sure it's memorable.
Prep..ar..a..tion? None needed. These things just work themselves out.
Shopping to make sure you'll have enough food and drink for the guests.
Cleaning up the place and hiding the breakables.
Sending out last minute invitations and directions.
Making a great playlist.
5. What is your LEAST important factor when choosing a game to play?
Rules / Mechanics
Theme / Flavor
6. You're nearing the end of a lengthy game, and you will win on your final move. However, in order to win you'll have to betray a long-term ally. What are you thinking?
I'd prefer not to, but I've invested too much to stop now.
I didn't originally think I had a shot, but since I'm here...
It really depends on the circumstances.
I'll do it only if I absolutely have to, and only if I'm safe from retribution.
In a heartbeat. It was an alliance of convenience anyway.
Nah. It's only a game.
7. Your game was supposed to last two hours. It's currently going on hour number four with no sign of stopping. What do you do?
What? Oh. Um...you stopped paying full attention about 3.5 hours ago.
You don't complain. Supposedly, your elaborate turns and complex moves are the reason you're running so late to begin with.
You're not sure how you've lasted this long, but you keep going. Now's the time to get really creative.
Continue to acquire resources and build your troops. With enough forces, you could launch a final attack to end it all.
If the game is developing in a fun way, you want to see where it ends up next.
You burnt through all your strategies awhile ago. Now it's time for an all-out assault with the few pieces you have left.
8. If you could pick one of these game shows to be on, which would it be?
Wheel of Fortune
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire
The Price is Right
Deal or No Deal
9. The zombie apocalypse is upon us! What's your preferred method of survival?
Defend your base and command targeted missions out into the affected area.
You've been waiting for this day. Time to head out and start wracking up the kill count.
Gather your friends together and hope you all make it. Somehow.
You've watched movies on this. Grab your cricket bat and head for the nearest pub.
Stock up on the essentials and try to cope with the situation.
10. What is your opinion on the amount of chance in a game?
I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't determine everything I can do.
A necessary evil, but I prefer to avoid having all of my effort come down to a simple dice roll.
A little luck helps to enhance the overall experience.
Lots of luck means I can focus more on the players than the rules.
I thrive on it. Luck is the great equalizer.
Minimally. Skill should trump luck whenever possible.
11. You are playing a somewhat complex game for the first time with more experienced players. How will you approach the game?
Find a way of acquiring resources while trying to upset the least amount of people.
Use the political power of conversation to offset in my gaps of understanding.
Try to figure out a basic strategy and see if it works.
Base your tactics off what feels most right within the game's theme.
Just wing it.
Make an educated guess on the best tactic to compete with the experienced players.
12. It's a boring day at work. What are you doing to keep yourself from falling asleep?
Chatting with your friends.
Planning ahead. There might be something you can do now to save you some time when you're busy again.
Clicking your pen. Repeatedly.
Catching up on a bunch of little tasks that slipped through the cracks.
Re-organizing office supplies.
13. You and your colleagues / classmates have been assigned a paper that's due in a week. How do you approach the task?
Once you're comfortable with your resources, you find yourself a nice quiet corner and hammer it all out.
Grab a blank page and just start writing.
Dig into the pile of references you already have picked out.
Find a collaborator to talk about your plans.
You give yourself a day for research, a day for organizing, and a day to write it.
Collect yourself and your materials, analyze the information you have, and start mapping a mental outline.
14. Well, you didn't play that very well. You've made a rather significant miscalculation, and now you don't stand a chance of victory. How do you cope?
You might not be able to win, but you'll last until the end. Shore up your defenses and sit out the siege.
Curse yourself, and spend the rest of the game annoying the remaining players.
Laugh it off.
Try to rebuild your wealth. You may not finish with the gold, but you still won't give up the chance at silver.
You wish you could remember what you did so that you won't make the same mistake twice, but alas. Moving on..
Mental note - 'that did not work'. You won't do that again, but now is a good time to try out some other strategy.
15. You're teaching your young niece a new game. Which lesson do you hope to impart the most?