What Gamer Type are You?
1. The zombie apocalypse is upon us! What's your preferred method of survival?
Stock up on the essentials and try to cope with the situation.
Gather your friends together and hope you all make it. Somehow.
Defend your base and command targeted missions out into the affected area.
You've been waiting for this day. Time to head out and start wracking up the kill count.
You've watched movies on this. Grab your cricket bat and head for the nearest pub.
2. You're planning for a big evening party at your house. Where is your focus for it during the hours beforehand?
Prep..ar..a..tion? None needed. These things just work themselves out.
Whatever extra steps are necessary to make sure it's memorable.
Cleaning up the place and hiding the breakables.
Making a great playlist.
Sending out last minute invitations and directions.
Shopping to make sure you'll have enough food and drink for the guests.
3. What is your opinion on the amount of chance in a game?
I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't determine everything I can do.
Lots of luck means I can focus more on the players than the rules.
I thrive on it. Luck is the great equalizer.
Minimally. Skill should trump luck whenever possible.
A necessary evil, but I prefer to avoid having all of my effort come down to a simple dice roll.
A little luck helps to enhance the overall experience.
4. It's a boring day at work. What are you doing to keep yourself from falling asleep?
Catching up on a bunch of little tasks that slipped through the cracks.
Clicking your pen. Repeatedly.
Re-organizing office supplies.
Chatting with your friends.
Planning ahead. There might be something you can do now to save you some time when you're busy again.
5. You're teaching your young niece a new game. Which lesson do you hope to impart the most?
6. It's 1869 and you're arriving in a bustling frontier town from back east. What sort of job do you seek out?
Whichever one pays me the most.
A job on the railroad to keep from being in any one place too long.
I didn't come for a job. My intent is to find a nice piece of land and build a new home for myself.
As a jack of all trades, I'll go for whatever occupation the town is in the most need for.
Banking is ideal for me in this new location.
Taverns are always fun, regardless of the era.
7. You are sent to jail in Monopoly. How do you react?
"Hey guys, come meet me at Just Visiting!"
"I'll pay the $50 and move on."
"Whatever. I'll just roll."
"It was doubles that got me here; it'll be doubles that get me out."
"Jail? The whole game is annoying me."
"I can spare one of my Get out Jail Free Cards."
8. If you could pick one of these game shows to be on, which would it be?
The Price is Right
Deal or No Deal
Wheel of Fortune
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire
9. You and your colleagues / classmates have been assigned a paper that's due in a week. How do you approach the task?
Once you're comfortable with your resources, you find yourself a nice quiet corner and hammer it all out.
Collect yourself and your materials, analyze the information you have, and start mapping a mental outline.
Find a collaborator to talk about your plans.
Dig into the pile of references you already have picked out.
You give yourself a day for research, a day for organizing, and a day to write it.
Grab a blank page and just start writing.
10. Another player backstabs you at the beginning of a game. How do you react?
You don't know without more detail, as it would depend on many factors.
It was well-played. You mostly ignore the strike and move on.
Fortify your defenses, and build your strength until someone else weakens the other player. Then, strike with minimal losses.
Plan cold, hard revenge.
Tease them mercilessly for the rest of the night.
11. Of those listed, what was your favorite childhood game?
Red Light, Green Light
Hide and Seek
Duck, Duck Goose
12. Which of the following game types seems the most appealing to you?
One with multiple paths to victory
One with clear goals
One with high player interactions
One with a rich story background
One with a variety of tactics
One with a good degree of chance
13. You're nearing the end of a lengthy game, and you will win on your final move. However, in order to win you'll have to betray a long-term ally. What are you thinking?
In a heartbeat. It was an alliance of convenience anyway.
I'd prefer not to, but I've invested too much to stop now.
It really depends on the circumstances.
I didn't originally think I had a shot, but since I'm here...
I'll do it only if I absolutely have to, and only if I'm safe from retribution.
Nah. It's only a game.
14. Your friend brings over a brand new game for this week's game night and the box really impresses you. What do you like most about it?
The cleverly written description on the back.
It has a nice clear objective posted.
It appears to be a fairly short, fast-paced game.
All the different races, classes, and buildings laid out on the front.
For 5-20 players! We can all play at once!
Nothing. The box doesn't matter as long as the game is good.
15. Your game was supposed to last two hours. It's currently going on hour number four with no sign of stopping. What do you do?
What? Oh. Um...you stopped paying full attention about 3.5 hours ago.
If the game is developing in a fun way, you want to see where it ends up next.
You burnt through all your strategies awhile ago. Now it's time for an all-out assault with the few pieces you have left.
Continue to acquire resources and build your troops. With enough forces, you could launch a final attack to end it all.
You're not sure how you've lasted this long, but you keep going. Now's the time to get really creative.
You don't complain. Supposedly, your elaborate turns and complex moves are the reason you're running so late to begin with.