Welcome back to Vox Republica, the Cardboard Republic Podcast!
We post new episodes every other Thursday, with each episode being about 45 minutes long.
Vox Republica is proudly supported by our Patreon. Consider contributing today!
DESCRIPTION: This week, Erin and Ryan talk about the business side of gaming. Is the board game industry really so different from other industries? It feels like it sometimes. Why is that and where do we think it’s going?
RECENTLY PLAYED GAMES – (01:00):
- Hellapagos by Gigamic (BGG Link)
- Mansions of Madness by Fantasy Flight Games (BGG Link)
- Overlords of Infamy by Obscure Reference Games (BGG Link)
FEATURED TOPIC – (23:32):
- Whether you consider board games to be art or not, the idea that designers make poor business people persists in the board game industry. Why is this? And why do fans tend to react poorly when game companies grow and become more professional? This week, we’re talking about all that, plus the idea of companies from other sectors coming into the board game world.
PLUGS – (1:05:02):
- We’re raffling off a copy of Go Nuts For Donuts to a lucky Patreon backer. Consider donating today!
- As always, Cardboard Republic YouTube videos, Instagram pictures, and the BGG Guild are still ongoing. Subscribe to one or two – or all of them if you really love us. You do really love us, right?
Audio Credits: Intro music track is “Swing!” by Bargo!, used under Creative Commons license.