Welcome back to Vox Republica, the Cardboard Republic Podcast!
We post new episodes every Thursday, with each episode being about 20 – 30 minutes long.
DESCRIPTION: Erin and Ryan talk Gen Con, Gen Can’t, and the pros and cons of two-player games.
RECENTLY PLAYED GAMES:
- Ninja Camp by Action Phase Games
- Stockpile by Nauvoo Games
- Heroes of Metro City: Sidekicks & Storylines by 3Some Games
- Ghost Stories by Asmodee
- Not going to Gen Con? You’re not alone. Get involved with the GenCan’t movement! It’s a fan-made celebration of gaming for all those unable or unwilling to attend the convention. This is complete with a number of contests and prizes. We’re even donating to it ourselves with a King of Tokyo Draccus promo monster! Check out the GenCant website and follow the Twitter hashtag #gencant to follow along!
- For those who are heading to Gen Con, our Indie Cavalcade is going strong! If you’re at the convention, check it out and find some great games from up-and-coming designers.
- Two-Player games get a lot of hype, and for good reason. They’re accessible and a great option for couples and families, and they can help gamers hone skills that come up in bigger games.
- They’re also tricky for groups, though, and it’s usually not great when a game tacks on a two-player variant.
- Our Stockpile giveaway is almost over! Don’t miss out on a chance to invest in this game.
- Cardboard Republic YouTube videos are still happening! Subscribe! You may even be rewarded for doing so…hint hint.
- Also at Gen Con, Ryan will be part of the Battle of the Board Game Networks event. If you’re around Friday night, come watch him and other gaming media folks make fools of themselves for your benefit – and maybe win some games!
Audio Credits: Intro music track is “Swing!” by Bargo!, used under Creative Commons license.